I feel a need to demonstrate to you all that although October has been an incredibly busy month, and although I’ve made progress on several projects that have not yet been completed (but look for some candy-posts in November =), I did finish up this pair of 1550s shoes for a friend of mine – my apologies for the poor shot, but I was in a rush to get it shipped out. Flat sole, wool sock, pinking and scoring on the vamp and quarters, whipped in stiffener. I tried to curve the sole of the last to pull the treadsole stitching in underneath the shoe, but I suspect that it needs to be much more extreme than I made it in order to be like some of the period examples where the upper (the toe especially) overhangs the treadsole by what seems to be a good quarter inch.
Archive for October, 2013
There are some very exciting projects that are currently in the works! I dare not post about them until all things are settled, and my apologies for the total tease. In truth, my goal has always been to try and get people into high quality footwear that looks good and feels comfortable. I try to do this through classes, through teaching, and as well as through taking commissions. These projects-which-shall-not-be-named-as-yet takes this endeavor to whole new audiences, hence pushing my agenda to shoe the historical world in quality footwear. Stay tuned for more details…!